22 Speed cameras have been positioned on 14 stretches of road across Kerry. The cameras, operated by Listowel group Spectra which came into effect at midnight last night, will be positioned in areas where road deaths have occurred in the past. The Road Safety Authority has said that the introduction of a new network of speed cameras is the biggest single development in road safety in a decade.
According to the Garda website one or more speed cameras have or shortly will be positioned on the following roads in Kerry:
- On the N69 between Garryantanvally and Coolnaleen Lower.
- At the Six Crosses, and at Lower Mount Coal.
- On the R523 between Skehanieran Lower and Carhooearagh.
- On the R551 between ballyduff and Blackparks.
- On the R558, Tralee to Fenit road between Knockanish and Seafield.
- In Tralee from Monavalley through to Prince’s Street.
- On the N86 from Lispole to Lough.
- On the N70 outside Milltown from Kilburn to Bansagh to Castleconway.
- On the N22 from Farranfore to Killarney, between Caherdeen and Dromadeesirt.
- On the R563 between Knockagowna and Fossa.
- On the N72 between Barraduff and Rathmore.
- And on the R569 approaching Kenmare on the Kilowen Road.
Please use the comments to inform other motorists where these cameras have been spotted and help reduce road accidents in Kerry.
via Radio Kerry News