The Endeavour Programme for entrepreneurs, which last month attracted over 500 applications from up-and-coming business people, today announced a final list of 15 successful participants whose business concepts were chosen following a rigorous selection process. Each Endeavouree will now embark on a seven month intensive fast-track programme, designed to bring their business ideas to life.
1. Warren Healy (Furbo, Co. Galway) of Locallotto.ie, has developed software that allows clubs and societies to web enable the sales and management of their existing or new government licensed fundraising lotto.
2. David Harvey (Athlone, Co. Roscommon) of Emissions Control Systems Ltd, has designed a patent pending device that generates hydrogen on demand which is suitable for all internal combustion engines.
3. Donncha Haverty (Thurles, Co. Tipperary) of HKPB Scientific Ltd, has developed two technologies to an advanced stage for the medical device industry.
4. Keith Loughnane (Tralee, Co. Kerry) of FitNexus, has developed an iPhone application which aims to replace and surpass the pedometer and stopwatch.
5. Grainne Barron (North Strand, Dublin) of Foxlightmedia.com, operates an Internationalised Web Based service company providing digital development and online gaming content.
6. Diarmuid Brennan (Carrigrohane, Cork) of iKITMovie.com, has developed a computer software for PC windows, ideal for any kind of stop motion animation.
7. Paul Cooling (Kevin Street, Dublin) of Blue Box Holdings, has developed a revolutionary form of private online betting.
8. John Dineen (Kinsale, Cork) of learnpipe.ie, has developed a vertical (specialised) search platform which crawls the web to find training companies.
9. Stephen Griffin (Tralee, Co. Kerry) of Westwoodtp, has invented and patented a unique reversible door hanging system.
10. David McAvinue (Douglas, Cork) of Tenderflow Ltd, has developed software to fundamentally change how 3D modelling and animation can be sourced both locally and internationally.
11. John McGuire (Galway) of Active Mind Technology Ltd, has developed pioneering equipment that allows golf data to be recorded on a device worn by the golfer without any interaction.
12. Philip McNamara (Craughwell, Galway) of Inspire Nation, has developed a Web 2.0 premium messaging solution for retailers to respond to queries from consumers about immediate brand availability within their stores.
14. Declan O’Sullivan (Killarney, Co. Kerry) of Bet-Tec, has developed a suite of services which deliver new and entertaining betting experiences to sports betters.
15. Michael Sheehy (Ardfert, Co. Kerry) of Gaelforce Wind Energy Ltd, provides an operations management service primarily for wind energy generating stations.